Jump to Main Content
- Endes Carola; Mueller Silvana; Kinnear Calum; Vanhecke Dimitri; Foster E. Johan; Petri-Fink Alke; Weder Christoph; Clift Martin J. D.; Rothen-Rutishauser Barbara
- Biomacromolecules 2015 v.16 no.4 pp. 1267-1275
- aerosols; breathing; cellulose; cotton; epithelium; microscopy; models; nanocrystals; nanofibers; nanoparticles
- ... When considering the inhalation of high-aspect ratio nanoparticles (HARN), the characterization of their specific interaction with lung cells is of fundamental importance to help categorize their potential hazard. The aim of the present study was to assess the interaction of cellulose nanocrystals (CNCs) with a multicellular in vitro model of the epithelial airway barrier following realistic aeros ...
- Spencer Sandra E.; Santiago Brandon G.; Glish Gary L.
- Analytical chemistry 2015 v.87 no.23 pp. 11887-11892
- aerosols; caffeine; cellulose; gases; ionization; ions; pyrolysis
- ... The design and operation of an inexpensive, miniature low-temperature plasma ion source is detailed. The miniature low-temperature plasma ion source is operated in a “flow-through” configuration, wherein the gaseous or aerosolized analyte, caffeine or pyrolyzed ethyl cellulose, in a carrier gas is used as the plasma gas. In this flow-through configuration, the sensitivity for the caffeine standard ...