Jump to Main Content
- Yang Ming; Qiu Wenhui; Chen Bei; Chen Jingsi; Liu Shuai; Wu Minghong; Wang Ke-Jian
- Environmental Science & Technology 2015 v.49 no.3 pp. 1888-1895
- Cyprinus carpio; antagonists; antibacterial properties; apoptosis; bisphenol A; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; estrogen receptors; fish; gene expression; immune response; interleukin-1beta; kidneys; macrophages; messenger RNA; nitrites; reactive oxygen species; synergism; transcription (genetics); transcription factor NF-kappa B
- ... Bisphenol A (BPA) is a well-known environmental endocrine-disrupting chemical. Employing primary macrophages from head kidney of red common carp (Cyprinus carpio), the present study aimed to evaluate the immune modulatory effect of BPA and to explore its potential action mechanism associated with estrogen receptor (ER) and nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) pathways. A dynamic response process was observed ...
- Zhaoqun Liu; Zhi Zhou; Lingling Wang; Shuai Jiang; Weilin Wang; Ran Zhang; Linsheng Song
- Developmental and comparative immunology 2015 v.49 no.2 pp. 217-224
- Crassostrea gigas; G-protein coupled receptors; amino acids; antagonists; antibacterial properties; calcium; complementary DNA; cyclic AMP; gills; hemocytes; hepatopancreas; homeostasis; immune response; immunocytes; immunomodulation; kidneys; ligands; messenger RNA; muscles; narcotics; oysters; pathogens; second messengers
- ... Opioid receptors (OR) are a group of G protein-coupled receptors with opioids as ligands, which play an important role in triggering the second messengers to modulate immune response in vertebrate immunocytes. In the present study, the full length cDNA of a homologue of δ-opioid receptor (DOR) for [Met5]-enkaphalin was cloned from oyster Crassostrea gigas (designated as CgDOR), which was 1104 bp e ...