Jump to Main Content
- Liliya Georgievaa; Strahil Berkov; Violeta Kondakova; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...
- Agata Ptak
- Open life sciences 2014 v.9 no.11 pp. 1011-1021
- Leucojum aestivum; microscopy; paclobutrazol; survival rate; sucrose; gibberellic acid; acclimation; nuclear genome; bulbs; stomata; roots
- ... The effects of growth retardants (paclobutrazol and ancymidol), sucrose, GA3 (gibberellic acid) and physical state of the medium (solid and liquid — Rita® temporary immersion system) on in vitro induction of Leucojum aestivum bulbs and their acclimatization were studied. Paclobutrazol, regardless of the physical state of the medium, stimulated the formation of bulbs (99.3%). Under the influence 90 ...