Jump to Main Content
- Liliya Georgievaa; Strahil Berkov; Violeta Kondakova; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...
- M. Z. Haznedaroglu; G. Gokce
- Acta biologica Hungarica 2014 v.65 no.4 pp. 396-404
- pathophysiology; leaf extracts; Alzheimer disease; lycorine; acetylcholinesterase; methanol; disease prevalence; metabolites; bulbs; cholinesterase inhibitors; cholinesterase; Sternbergia; chloroform; leaves
- ... Studies on Alzheimer’s disease have been highlighted due to increasing prevalence of this disease. Oldest hypothesis about the pathophysiology strengthens the research of cholinesterase inhibitors for treatment. Amaryllidaceae plants are well known for alkaloids showing cholinesterase inhibiting activity. Among them, Sternbergia species gained attention as a source of metabolites of these a ...