Jump to Main Content
- Basit Muhammad; Saeed Shafqat; Saleem Mushtaq Ahmad; Denholm Ian; Shah Maqbool
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1414-1422
- Bemisia tabaci; Helianthus annuus; acetamiprid; at-risk population; bifenthrin; buprofezin; chemistry; cotton; cross resistance; fenpropathrin; imidacloprid; immatures; insects; lambda-cyhalothrin; nitenpyram; selection pressure; thiacloprid; toxicity
- ... Resistance levels in whitefly, Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) collections from cotton and sunflower (up to four districts) for five neonicotinoids and two insect growth regulators (IGRs) were investigated for two consecutive years. Based on the LC₅₀s, all collections showed slight to moderate levels of resistance for the tested insecticides compared with the laboratory susceptible population. The data ...
- Guo Jian-Ying; Wu Gang; Wan Fang-Hao
- Journal of economic entomology 2013 v.106 no.3 pp. 1379-1385
- Bemisia tabaci; cotton; cryptic species; cultivars; fecundity; females; gossypol; insect pests; integrated pest management; life history; pest control; population growth; survival rate
- ... Use of plant secondary metabolic compounds is an important method for insect pest control. In this study, the survival, development, and reproduction of Bemisia tabaci (Gennadius) (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) MEAM1 cryptic species were compared over two consecutive generations on three cotton cultivars of different gossypol levels. Both cotton cultivar and generation significantly affected the fitness ...