Jump to Main Content
- Farhat; Mukhtar A. Khan
- Aquaculture 2013 v.404-405 pp. 130-138
- Heteropneustes fossilis; body composition; catfish; condition factor; dietary protein; feed conversion; feeds; fingerlings; fish feeding; hemoglobin; hepatosomatic index; histidine; oxygen; protein content; regression analysis; salinity; satiety; stinging; water temperature
- ... Heteropneustes fossilis is distributed in most of the Southeast Asian countries. It is a promising species for aquaculture due to its high protein and iron content, ability to withstand shifts in salinity and temperature, and survival in oxygen depleted water. In view of the above, this study was undertaken to evaluate the effects of varying levels of dietary l-histidine on growth, protein gain, h ...
- Isak J. Csargo; Michael L. Brown; Matthew J. Ward
- Journal of applied aquaculture 2013 v.25 no.1 pp. 24-34
- Micropterus salmoides; condition factor; correlation; feeds; fingerlings; food availability; photoperiod; protein composition; protein energy ratio; starter cultures; starter diets; stocking rate; tanks; water temperature; weaning
- ... We compared performance (growth, survival, and condition) of northern largemouth bass Micropterus salmoides salmoides fingerlings fed one of three commercial starter feeds: Otohime Marine Weaning (OMW; Marubeni Nisshin Feed), Bio-Oregon BiVita Fry (BVF; Bio-Oregon), and Purina Aquamax Starter (PAS; PMI Nutrition International LLC). Nine 833-L circular tanks, connected in parallel to a recirculatio ...