Jump to Main Content
- Richard S. Zack; Peter J. Landolt; Joseph E. Munyaneza
- Great Lakes Entomologist 2012 v.45 no.3-4 pp. 251-262
- Chlorochroa; Aelia americana; Apoecilus bracteatus; Zicrona caerulea; Podisus maculiventris; new geographic records; Acrosternum hilare; Brochymena quadripustulata; Euschistus servus; species diversity; Perillus bioculatus; Apateticus
- ... Froeschner (1988) records 23 species of stink bugs (Hemiptera: Heteroptera: Pentatomidae) as occurring in Washington state. Based onmaterial primarily housed in the M.T. James Entomological Collection at Washington State University, the number of species is increased to 47. Species recorded by Froeschner (1988) but not found in our collections are: Apateticus crocatus (Uhler), Chlorochroa rossiana ...
- A. Kh. Saulich; D. L. Musolin
- Entomological revue 2012 v.92 no.1 pp. 1-26
- Andrallus spinidens; Apateticus; Palomena; Picromerus bidens; Podisus maculiventris; Scutelleridae; adults; color; diapause; eggs; estivation; evolution; feeding preferences; females; food availability; food choices; herbivores; males; nymphs; photoperiod; predators; seasonal development; seeds; summer; temperate zones; temperature; winter
- ... The paper reviews the data on diapause and related phenomena in stink bugs (Heteroptera: Pentatomidae). Using stink bugs as examples, the consecutive stages of the complex dynamic process of diapause (such as diapause preparation, induction, initiation, maintenance, termination, post-diapause quiescence, and resumption of direct development) are described and discussed. Out of 43 pentatomid specie ...