Jump to Main Content
- You, J. F.; Hou, N. N.; Xu, M. Y.; Zhang, H. M.; Yang, Z. M.
- Biologia plantarum 2010 v.54 no.4 pp. 766-768
- Glycine max; aluminum; citrates; cultivars; cycloheximide; exudation; mitochondrial membrane; plasma membrane; protein synthesis; protein synthesis inhibitors; pyridoxal; roots; secretion; soybeans; transporters
- ... To further understand the process of Al-induced citrate secretion from soybean roots, the effect of protein synthesis inhibitor, anion channel blockers, and citrate carrier inhibitors on Al-induced citrate exudation was investigated in Al-resistant soybean cultivar PI 416937. Citrate exudation from roots increased with the increase of Al concentration from 10 to 50 μM and initiated after 4 h of Al ...
- Sadok, Walid; Sinclair, Thomas R.
- Journal of experimental botany 2010 v.61 no.3 pp. 821-829
- Glycine max; cycloheximide; drought tolerance; genotype; guard cells; leaf conductance; leaves; soil conservation; soybeans; symplast; vapor pressure; water flow
- ... The slow-wilting soybean [Glycine max (L.) Merr.] genotype, PI 416937, exhibits a limiting leaf hydraulic conductance for transpiration rate (TR) under high vapour pressure deficit (VPD). This genotype has a constant TR at VPD greater than 2 kPa, which may be responsible for its drought tolerance as a result of soil water conservation. However, the exact source of the hydraulic limitation between ...
- PubMed Central: