Jump to Main Content
- Takó, Miklós; Tóth, Adél; Nagy, László G.; Krisch, Judit; Vágvölgyi, Csaba; Papp, Tamás
- Antonie van Leeuwenhoek 2010 v.97 no.1 pp. 1-10
- Mucor; proteins; Rhizomucor miehei; plasmids; amino acids; active sites; introns; sequence homology; beta-glucosidase; fungi
- ... In this study, a β-glucosidase coding gene (bgl) of the zygomycete fungus Rhizomucor miehei has been cloned and characterized. The gene comprises a total of 2,826 bp including the coding sequence of a 717 amino acids length putative protein and 10 introns dispersed in the whole coding region. The putative N-and C-terminal catalytic domains (aa 68 to aa 274 and aa 358-601, respectively) were identi ...
- S. A. Mirzaei; M. Tabatabaei Yazdi; Z. Sepehrizadeh
- Biotechnology letters 2010 v.32 no.11 pp. 1705-1711
- NAD (coenzyme); alcohol oxidase; Komagataella pastoris; methanol; Mucor racemosus; genome; yeasts; amino acids; culture media; Escherichia coli
- ... The genome of Mucor racemosus was analyzed to determine the relative levels of codon usage. The codon bias differred from that of Escherichia coli. The active, soluble isoform of NADH cytochrome b5 reductase containing 228 amino acids was successfully overexpressed and secreted using alpha factor in Pichia pastoris under the control of the alcohol oxidase promoter and finally purified. The culture ...