Jump to Main Content
- Engeman, R.M.; Duquesnel, J.A.; Cowan, E.M.; Smith, H.T.; Shwiff, S.A.; Karlin, M.
- Journal of coastal research 2008 v.24 no.2 pp. 527-532
- habitat destruction; estimation; bioeconomic models; contingent valuation; habitat conservation; cost benefit analysis; anthropogenic activities; ecological restoration; aquatic habitat; boats; aquatic plants; Florida
- ... Seagrass bed habitat is an important biotic community in decline worldwide. Boat damage has long been recognized for its negative impacts on shallow-water seagrass beds, with those along the Florida coast particularly vulnerable in the face of a large human population possessing a large number of boats. Boat scars to seagrass beds recover slowly, resulting in new damage that often outpaces recover ...
- Lloyd, A.M.; Kline, D.L.; Hogsette, J.A.; Kaufman, P.E.; Allan, S.A.
- Journal of the American Mosquito Control Association 2008 v.24 no.2 pp. 253-262
- midges; trapping; equipment design; insect collection; equipment performance; seasonal variation; insect traps; Culicoides furens; Florida
- ... Two types of commercial propane-powered traps, mosquito magnet (MM) (American Biophysics Corporation) MM-Freedom (Freedom) and MM-Liberty Plus (Liberty Plus), were evaluated for the collection of Culicoides. Trap preference and seasonal characteristics for the 3 major species, Culicoides furens, Culicoides barbosai, and Culicoides mississippiensis, were recorded from July 7, 2005, to July 24, 2006 ...