Jump to Main Content
- Goldhammer, T.; Blodau, C.
- Soil biology & biochemistry 2008 v.40 no.8 pp. 2007-2015
- desiccation (plant physiology); bioaccumulation; heterotrophs; anaerobic conditions; bogs; bog soils; peatlands; peat; temperate zones; temperate soils; soil bacteria; sulfate-reducing bacteria; methane production; sulfates; carbon dioxide; acetates; hydrogen; regression analysis; drought; laboratories; Ontario
- ... To gain insight into the effects of drying and rewetting events on anaerobic respiration in ombrotrophic peat soils, we investigated bacterial sulfate (SO4) reduction and methane (CH4) production in anaerobic incubations of intact peat microcores from 30 to 40 cm depth of Mer Bleue bog, Ontario/Canada. Concentrations of dissolved SO4, carbon dioxide (CO2), CH4, acetate, and hydrogen (H2) were reco ...
- Asensio, D.; Peñuelas, J.; Prieto, P.; Estiarte, M.; Filella, I.; Llusià, J.
- European journal of soil science 2008 v.59 no.5 pp. 878-891
- acetaldehyde; acetates; acetic acid; acetone; drought; emissions; foliar uptake; inventories; methanol; monoterpenoids; phenology; roots; seasonal variation; shrublands; soil ecology; soil temperature; soil water; volatile organic compounds
- ... Information about soil VOC inventories and exchange rates in different soils is very scarce. Seasonality of soil VOC exchange rates is also largely unknown, despite the increasing interest in some soil volatile compounds, such as monoterpenes, because of their important role in soil ecology. We aimed to explore and quantify soil VOC exchange rates in a Mediterranean shrubland and their seasonality ...