Jump to Main Content
- Haim Nerson; Harry S. Paris
- Israel journal of plant sciences 2008 v.56 no.3 pp. 245-256
- Cucumis melo; branching; breeding lines; cucumbers; fruit set; fruits; germplasm; harvesting; hermaphroditism; hybrids; introgression; labor; muskmelons; parents; phenotype; pickling; space and time; vegetable crops; Iran
- ... Melons (Cucumis melo) are an important vegetable crop. Melons are grown mostly for their sweet mature fruits, which are eaten fresh, but elongate-fruited forms are grown for their rather bland, juicy, immature fruits, which are eaten fresh, cooked, or pickled like cucumbers. Fruit set of melons is diffuse over time and space, resulting in the need for multiple harvesting of the crop. The "b ...
- Zheng, Yan-Ling; Sun, Wei-Bang
- Euphytica 2008 v.164 no.1 pp. 231-238
- temporal variation; Fagaceae; weight; seed germination; endangered species; germplasm; seeds; fruit set; seed abortion; plant genetic resources; plant morphology; dimensions
- ... Trigonobalanus doichangensis is recognized as a rare and endangered plant of China. The morphological and physiological traits of fruits were investigated in one population over 2 years (2006-2007) and in four populations during 2007 in order to facilitate ex-situ conservation and eventual reforestation through planting of propagules. The results indicated that morphological traits including fruit ...