Jump to Main Content
- Dillen, S.Y.; Marron, N.; Bastien, C.; Ricciotti, L.; Salani, F.; Sabatti, M.; Pinel, M.P.C.; Rae, A.M.; Taylor, G.; Ceulemans, R.
- Forest ecology and management 2007 v.252 no.1-3 pp. 12-23
- tree growth; genetic transformation; estimation; mathematical models; hybrids; forest trees; phenotype; branches; equations; allometry; regression analysis; crossing; environmental factors; genetic variation; Populus; dry matter partitioning; France; Italy; England
- Marron, N.; Dillen, S.Y.; Ceulemans, R.
- Environmental and experimental botany 2007 v.61 no.2 pp. 103-116
- tree growth; hybrids; nitrogen content; genetic variation; leaf area; artificial selection; dry matter accumulation; environmental factors; carbon; genotype-environment interaction; petioles; high-yielding varieties; Populus; chlorophyll; selection criteria; France; Italy
- ... Two Populus families growing at two sites in Europe (i.e., northern Italy versus central France) were used to investigate: (1) the relationships between various leaf structural and growth traits and biomass production, (2) the dependence of these relationships on environmental conditions and genetic background (i.e., Populus deltoides x Populus nigra family versus P. deltoides x Populus trichocarp ...
- M. Romagnolj; M. Sarlatto; F. Terranova; E. Bizzarrj; S. Cesettj
- IAWA journal v.28 no.2 pp. 109-124
- Abies; Betula; Cedrus; Fagus sylvatica; Pinus; Populus; crystals; niches; provenance; selection criteria; tracheids; tree trunk; trees; wood; wood anatomy; wood quality; Italy; Sicily
- ... Anatomical studies were made on the structural and decorative elements of the wooden ceiling of the 12ᵗʰ century Cappella Palatina in Palermo, Sicily, to identify the timbers used, analyse their likely provenance, and discuss the selection criteria used by the builders. One hundred and fifty fragments were examined. Abies sp., Pinus sp., Betula sp., Populus sp. and Fagus sylvatica were found and a ...