Jump to Main Content
- Dillen, S.Y.; Marron, N.; Bastien, C.; Ricciotti, L.; Salani, F.; Sabatti, M.; Pinel, M.P.C.; Rae, A.M.; Taylor, G.; Ceulemans, R.
- Forest ecology and management 2007 v.252 no.1-3 pp. 12-23
- tree growth; genetic transformation; estimation; mathematical models; hybrids; forest trees; phenotype; branches; equations; allometry; regression analysis; crossing; environmental factors; genetic variation; Populus; dry matter partitioning; France; Italy; England
- Tagliapietra, D.; Cornello, M.; Pessa, G.
- Hydrobiologia 2007 v.588 no.1 pp. 205-212
- allometry; benthic organisms; biomass; data collection; equations; littoral zone; regression analysis; seagrasses; secondary productivity; temperature; Italy
- ... Five published indirect methods to estimate benthic secondary production of intertidal mudflats and a new proposed formulation based on quarter-power allometric scaling and the “Universal Temperature Dependence” of biological processes (UTD) were compared. For this purpose, a dataset consisting of an annual series of samples, taken from the Lagoon of Venice from March 1996 to March 1997, at sites ...
- Jan Čermák; Jan Gašpárek; Francesca De Lorenzi; Hamlyn G. Jones
- Annals of forest science 2007 v.64 no.5 pp. 491-501
- Olea europaea; allometry; biometry; canopy; image analysis; leaf area index; leaves; models; olives; photographs; stems; stocking rate; trees; Italy
- ... The objectives of this paper were (1) to provide general biometry data for an 80-year-old olive (Olea europea L., cv. Coratina) grove in Andria, southern Italy, and (2) to compare different methods for estimating leaf area distributions. Stand biometry was represented by a stocking density of 132 trees ha⁻¹, mean spacing of 8.7 m and mean social area (proportional to spacing and tree size) of abou ...