Jump to Main Content
- Cardina John; Herms Catherine P.; Doohan Douglas J.
- Weed science 2002 v.50 no.4 pp. 448-460
- no-tillage; Oxalis; Persicaria pensylvanica; Veronica; Capsella bursa-pastoris; hay; Euphorbia maculata; Setaria faberi; Zea mays; Glycine max; seeds; Chenopodium album; corn; species diversity; weeds; crop rotation; plant communities; oats; herbicides; soybeans; growing season; plows; Avena sativa; Amaranthus retroflexus; crops; Ohio; Pennsylvania
- ... We characterized the size and species composition of the weed seedbank after 35 yr of continuous crop rotation and tillage system treatments at two locations in Ohio. Spring seedbanks were monitored during 1997, 1998, and 1999 in continuous corn (CCC), corn––soybean (CS), and corn––oats––hay (COH) rotations in moldboard plow (MP), chisel plow (CP), and no-tillage (NT) plots where the same herbicid ...
- Furness, N.H.; Upadhyaya, M.K.
- Canadian journal of plant science 2002 v.82 no.4 pp. 789-796
- seedling growth; greenhouses; tillering; Capsella bursa-pastoris; Chenopodium album; seedlings; shoots; Setaria viridis; leaf area; scanning electron microscopy; Persicaria maculosa; Amaranthus retroflexus; weeds; biomass; ultraviolet radiation; Stellaria media; leaves; crops
- ... Differential morphological sensitivity of weed species to ultraviolet-B (UV-B) radiation (290-320 nm) may alter competitive relationships among weeds and associated crop species as the level of this radiation changes. In order to determine relative sensitivity of common chickweed [Stellaria media (L.) Vill.], green foxtail (Setaria viridis L.), lady's-thumb (Polygonum persicaria L.), lamb's-quarte ...