Jump to Main Content
- McVicker, Jerry K.; Tabatabai, Louisa B.
- American journal of veterinary research 2002 v.63 no.12 pp. 1634-1640
- Mannheimia haemolytica serotype 1; antibodies; antigens; bacteria; blood serum; calves; carbohydrates; enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay; gels; immunoaffinity chromatography; immunoglobulins; molecular weight; outer membrane proteins; vaccine development; vaccines
- ... Objective-To use antibodies produced by calves in response to infection with Mannheimia haemolytica in immunoaffinity chromatography for the identification and subsequent isolation of the dominant immunogenic antigens from bacteria grown in irondeficient media. Sample Population-Serum from 10 calves actively infected with M haemolytica. Procedure-An outer membrane protein fraction was obtained fro ...
- McNeil, Heather J.; Shewen, Patricia E.; Lo, Reggie Y.C.; Conlon, Jennifer A.; Miller, Michael W.
- Veterinary immunology and immunopathology 2002 v.90 no.1-2 pp. 107-110
- Mannheimia haemolytica serotype 1; Pasteurella trehalosi; Western blotting; disease control; fibrinogen; pneumonia; serotypes; virulence
- ... Fibrinogen-binding proteins were found in the culture supernatants of Mannheimia haemolytica serotype 1 (ATCC 43270) and Pasteurella trehalosi serotype 10 (ECO-100). Sheep fibrinogen was biotinylated and shown to bind to proteins in the culture supernatants by modified western blot. Fibrinogen-binding proteins in the culture supernatant may be important virulence factors leading to the characteris ...