Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Y.; Bingner, R.L.; Rebich, R.A.
- Transactions of the ASAE 2001 v.44 no.5 pp. 1183-1190
- watersheds; crop production; crop management; cover crops; winter; pollution control; water pollution; erosion control; water erosion; sediment yield; simulation models; agricultural land; losses from soil; runoff; prediction; best management practices; nonpoint source pollution; Mississippi
- ... Sediment and its associated pollutants entering a water body can be very destructive to the health of that system. Best Management Practices (BMPs) can be used to reduce these pollutants, but understanding the most effective practices is very difficult. Watershed models are the most cost-effective tools to aid in the decision-making process of selecting the BMP that is most effective in reducing t ...
- Coulson Jennifer O.
- Wilson bulletin 2001 v.113 no.3 pp. 340-342
- Passeriformes; birds; energy; kleptoparasitism; nestlings; nests; parental behavior; predators; progeny; watersheds; Louisiana; Mississippi
- ... During 1995––2001, I documented 20 instances of Swallow-tailed Kites (Elanoides forficatus) carrying nests containing nestlings of six passerine species to their nests or roosts adjacent to kite nests in the Pearl River Basin (Mississippi and Louisiana) and Atchafalaya River Basin (Louisiana). This parental behavior is adaptive because it reduces time away from the nest, which reduces the amount o ...