Jump to Main Content
- A. R. Overman; M. A. Sanderson; R. M. Jones
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.3 pp. 541-545
- interspecific variation; cultivars; mathematical models; forage crops; Panicum coloratum; application rate; soil water content; Cynodon dactylon; arid zones; dry matter accumulation; crop yield; rain; growth models; Eragrostis curvula; Cenchrus ciliaris; nitrogen fertilizers; Texas
- ... Models provide a quantitative means to evaluate yield response of forage grasses to applied N and water availability. The objective of this analysis was to estimate model parameters (A, b, c) for bermu. dagrasses and bunchgrasses grown at the same location and during the same time period. The logistic equation was used to relate annual dry matter production to applied N for three bermudagrasses [C ...
- Pamela A. Harris; David A. Zuberer
- Agronomy journal 1993 v.85 no.2 pp. 236-241
- Cynodon dactylon; land restoration; Trifolium subterraneum; Rhizobium leguminosarum; immunization; NPK fertilizers; potassium phosphates; yields; nitrogen; phosphorus; lignite; mine spoil; application rate; chemical constituents of plants; Texas
- ... Lignite mine spoils in Texas are commonly revegetated with ‘Coastal’ bermudagrass [Cynodon dactylon (L.) Pers.]. Legumes bare been overseeded in bermudagrass in reclamation programs in Texas, but information regarding establishment and persistence in mine spoil is limited. Therefore, we conducted a field study to investigate the effects of fertilization and inoculation with Rhizobium spp. on subte ...