Jump to Main Content
- P. Scherp; R. Grotha; U. Kutschera
- Journal of bryology 2004 v.26 no.1 pp. 21-28
- adults; antagonists; biosynthesis; bryology; calcium; callose; chemical structure; cytotoxicity; juveniles; meristems; mosses and liverworts; nitroso compounds; plantlets
- ... The vegetative life cycle of the aquatic liverwort Riella helicophylla consists of three stages: adult plantlet, gemma and gemmaling (asexual reproductive structure). In meristematic cells of 8-day-old gemmalings that were grown in a 12 h light/12 h dark-cycle, the number of callosic cell plates displayed a minimum at 2 pm (day) and a maximum at 2 am (night). We compared the effects of two drugs o ...
- P. Saransaari; S. S. Oja
- Amino acids 2004 v.26 no.1 pp. 91-98
- adenosine; adults; agonists; antagonists; cell membranes; glutamic acid; hippocampus; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxylamine; ischemia; mice; neuroprotective effect; nitric oxide; receptors; taurine; transporters; tritium
- ... The release of the inhibitory neuromodulator taurine in the hippocampus is markedly enhanced under various neural cell-damaging conditions, including ischemia and exposure to free radicals. The properties and regulation of the release evoked by a medium containing free radicals was investigated in hippocampal slices from adult (3-month-old) and developing (7-day-old) mice, using a superfusion syst ...