Jump to Main Content
- Kays, S.E.; Archibald, D.D.; Sohn, M.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1596-1602
- lipid content; breakfast cereals; pasta; food analysis; snack foods; near-infrared spectroscopy; flour; food grains; food composition; baked goods
- ... To evaluate the feasibility of an intact product approach to the near-infrared (NIR) determination of fat content, a rapid acquisition spectrometer, with an InGaAs diode-array detector and custom built sampling device, was used to obtain reflectance spectra (1100-1700 nm) of diverse cereal food products. Fat content reference data were obtained gravimetrically by extraction with petroleum ether (A ...
- Lee, K.G.; Lee, S.E.; Takeoka, G.R.; Kim, J.H.; Park, B.S.
- Journal of the science of food and agriculture 2005 v.85 no.9 pp. 1580-1586
- Fagus; wood; creosote; volatile organic compounds; antioxidants; antioxidant activity; food additives; herbal medicines; medicinal properties
- ... Volatile constituents of beechwood creosote were determined using gas chromatography (GC) and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry (GC-MS). The major volatile constituents of creosote were 2-methoxyphenol (guaiacol; 25.2%) 2-methoxy-4-methylphenol (4-methylguaiacol; 21.4%), 3-methylphenol (m-cresol; 8.3%) 4-methylphenol (p-cresol; 7.9%) 2-methylphenol (o-cresol; 4.6%) and phenol (2.8%). The antiox ...