Jump to Main Content
- Chen, Shicheng; Bagdasarian, Michael; Kaufman, Michael G.; Walker, Edward D.
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.267 no.1 pp. 38-45
- Flavobacterium hibernum; gamma-Proteobacteria; messenger RNA; operon; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; transcription (genetics)
- ... A cluster of six genes from Flavobacterium hibernum strain W22, fus-rpsJ-rplC-rplD-rplW-rplB, was cloned and sequenced. A short fragment upstream of rplC, but not of rpsJ, showed strong promoter activity in flavobacteria. TATCTTTG and TTG motifs that are conserved in Flavobacterium promoters were found immediately upstream of the transcription start point of rplC, at the -7 and -33 positions, resp ...
- Chatterji, Dipankar; Ogawa, Yoshito; Shimada, Tomohiro; Ishihama, Akira
- FEMS microbiology letters 2007 v.267 no.1 pp. 51-55
- messenger RNA; starvation; stress response; DNA microarrays; gene expression; ribosomal proteins; operon; DNA-directed RNA polymerase; Escherichia coli
- ... The rpoZ gene for the omega subunit of Escherichia coli RNA polymerase constitutes single operon with the spoT gene, which is responsible for the maintenance of stringent response under nutrient starvation conditions. To identify the physiological role of the omega subunit, we compared the gene expression profile of wild-type Escherichia coli with that of an rpoZ deleted strain by microarray analy ...