Jump to Main Content
- Chenault, Kelly D.; Maas, Andrea L.; Damicone, John P.; Payton, Mark E.; Melouk, Hassan A.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 357-365
- Arachis hypogaea; peanuts; disease resistance; Sclerotinia minor; blight; fungal diseases of plants; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; DNA primers; genotype
- ... The production of cultivated peanut, an important agronomic crop throughout the United States and the world, is consistently threatened by various diseases and pests. Sclerotinia minor Jagger (S. minor), the causal agent of Sclerotinia blight, is a major threat to peanut production in the Southwestern US, Virginia and North Carolina. Although information on the variability of morphological traits ...
- Uzun, Bülent; Çağırgan, M. İlhan
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 379-384
- Sesamum indicum; determinate growth; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; genes; loci; linkage (genetics)
- ... This is the first report on molecular studies and tagging of the dt gene regulating determinate growth habit in sesame. The development of determinate cultivars has become an objective of high priority in sesame breeding programmes. Random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) and inter simple sequence repeat (ISSR) techniques were investigated for the development of molecular markers for this induced ...