Jump to Main Content
- Chenault, Kelly D.; Maas, Andrea L.; Damicone, John P.; Payton, Mark E.; Melouk, Hassan A.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 357-365
- Arachis hypogaea; peanuts; disease resistance; Sclerotinia minor; blight; fungal diseases of plants; genetic markers; microsatellite repeats; polymerase chain reaction; DNA primers; genotype
- ... The production of cultivated peanut, an important agronomic crop throughout the United States and the world, is consistently threatened by various diseases and pests. Sclerotinia minor Jagger (S. minor), the causal agent of Sclerotinia blight, is a major threat to peanut production in the Southwestern US, Virginia and North Carolina. Although information on the variability of morphological traits ...
- Sutherland, B. G.; Cerovič, R.; Robbins, T. P.; Tobutt, K. R.
- Euphytica 2009 v.166 no.3 pp. 385-398
- alleles; DNA primers; polymerase chain reaction; plant fertility; Prunus cerasifera; genotype; ribonucleases; selfing; introns
- ... A series of PCR methods were used to detect S-RNase alleles and SFB alleles and to determine S-genotypes in 25 accessions of myrobalan (Prunus cerasifera L.). Firstly, primers flanking the polymorphic second intron were used to identify S-RNases in agarose gels. These primers amplified one or two bands per accession in 25 accessions. Then consensus primers were designed for amplifying the polymorp ...