Jump to Main Content
- Pathak, Tara Sankar; Yun, Jung-Ho; Lee, Se-Jong; Baek, Dae-Jin; Paeng, Ki-Jung
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 45-56
- 1-propanol; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Undaria pinnatifida; calcium alginate; ethanol; heat; methanol; polymers; porosity; solvents; thermal analysis; thermal stability; weight loss
- ... Alginates, extracted from algae are linear unbranched polymers containing β-(1→4)-linked d-mannuronic acid (M) and α-(1→4)-linked l-guluronic acid (G) residues. The conversion of alginic acid into the metal alginate is confirmed using FTIR spectroscopy. Asymmetric and symmetric stretching of free carboxyl group present in metal alginate occurs almost at the same position in various solvent composi ...
- Sinha, Vijaykumar; Patel, Mayank R.; Patel, Jigar V.
- Journal of polymers and the environment 2010 v.18 no.1 pp. 8-25
- aminolysis; glycolysis; hydrolysis; methanolysis; pollution; polymers; recycling; socioeconomics; waste disposal
- ... The paper reviews the problem due to the use and disposal of synthetic polymers to the environment and its solutions; in particular poly (ethylene terphthalate). Wide spread application and non-biodegradability of the PET creates huge amounts of waste and disposal, tend to a serious problem. The most important cause for recycling and reprocessing the waste PET has arisen from the awareness and con ...