Jump to Main Content
- Cardoso, C.R.; Ataíde, C.H.
- Journal of analytical and applied pyrolysis 2013 v.99 pp. 49-57
- acetic acid; additives; biofuels; biomass; cigarettes; fuel oils; furfural; heat; helium; hexadecane; ketones; magnesium chloride; nicotine; pyrolysis; temperature; value added; vapors; wastes
- ... Biomass is an alternative energy source. Fuels produced from renewable sources have less polluting characteristics. The production of cigars and cigarettes generates about 20% of tobacco residues, and fast pyrolysis is an option to convert this biomass into fuels, such as bio-oil, that can also be sources of high added value compounds. The present work aimed to study the influence of temperature a ...
- Lopez-Velazquez, M.A.; Santes, V.; Balmaseda, J.; Torres-Garcia, E.
- Journal of analytical and applied pyrolysis 2013 v.99 pp. 170-177
- activation energy; alcohols; aldehydes; algorithms; alkanes; carbon dioxide; carboxylic acids; energy; ethers; heat; ketones; lignin; nitrogen; phenolic compounds; pyrolysis; temperature; volatile compounds; wastes
- ... Thermal and kinetic decomposition of orange waste have been investigated by simultaneous TGA–DSC and TGA–FTIR analysis techniques under nitrogen atmosphere. Thermal profile degradation can be interpreted as the resultant of multiple, parallel and simultaneous reactions, related to: (i) dehydration process for temperatures ≤120°C; (ii) pyrolytic cracking, from 125 to 450°C, stage where the ligno-ce ...