Jump to Main Content
- Frauke Fedderwitz; Niklas Björklund; Velemir Ninkovic; Göran Nordlander
- Physiological entomology 2014 v.39 no.2 pp. 103-110
- Hylobius abietis; Picea abies; adults; egg production; females; forest regeneration; girdling; locomotion; males; plant response; seedlings; Europe
- ... The pine weevil [Hylobius abietis (L.); Coleoptera: Curculionidae] has a high economic impact on forest regeneration in Europe. The general biology of the pine weevil has received considerable attention, although there is insufficient knowledge about its diel behaviour and time budget. Therefore, in the present study, the feeding and locomotion behaviour of individual adult weevils on Norway spruc ...
- Zhang Jian-Qiang; Meng Shi-Yong; Wen Jun; Rao Guang-Yuan
- Systematic botany 2014 v.39 no.2 pp. 441-451
- Rhodiola rosea; center of diversity; cold zones; dioecy; flowering; internal transcribed spacers; medicinal plants; monophyly; plant taxonomy; sampling; stems; varieties; China; Europe; North America
- ... Rhodiola (Crassulaceae) comprises about 70 species and shows a high level of morphological diversity. The genus is mainly distributed in alpine areas and cold regions of the Northern Hemisphere with the Qinghai-Tibetan Plateau as its center of diversity. The phylogenetic relationships within Rhodiola remain poorly understood largely because of difficulties in collecting samples and specimens. In t ...