Jump to Main Content
- Sara I. Montemayor; Pablo M. Dellapé; María C. Melo
- Agricultural and forest entomology 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 129-137
- Eucalyptus; climate; data collection; databases; environmental factors; geographical distribution; humans; model validation; models; planting; probability; Africa; Central America; China; South America
- ... The present study investigated the environmental variables that define a suitable climate for the bronze bug, Thaumastocoris peregrinus Carpintero & Dellapé, using presence‐only data, with the aim of identifying areas that have a suitable climate (and thus high probability) for future colonization and generating a spatially explicit predictive map of environmental suitability. An occurrence databa ...
- Katharina Bohley; Olga Joos; Heidrun Hartmann; Rowan Sage; Sigrid Liede-Schumann; Gudrun Kadereit
- Perspectives in plant ecology, evolution and systematics 2015 v.17 no.2 pp. 116-130
- C4 photosynthesis; Sesuvium; Trianthema; biogeography; carbon; chlorenchyma; drought tolerance; ecology; halophytes; internal transcribed spacers; introns; isotopes; leaves; phylogeny; Central America; South America; South Australia
- ... Sesuvioideae (Aizoaceae) form a small subfamily of drought-tolerant plants exhibiting leaf succulence, halophytic ecology, and the C4 photosynthetic pathway. Sesuvioideae are sister to the species-rich subfamilies Ruschioideae, Mesembryanthemoideae and Aizooideae that contain many CAM lineages. This close relationship of CAM and C4 taxa identifies the Sesuvioideae as an important clade to address ...