Jump to Main Content
- Bhattarai, Jay K.; Sharma, Abeera; Fujikawa, Kohki; Demchenko, Alexei V.; Stine, Keith J.
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 55-65
- concanavalin A; dielectric spectroscopy; electrosynthesis; gold; image analysis; mannose; nanogold; potassium; refractive index; scanning electron microscopy; surface plasmon resonance
- ... Localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) spectroscopy is a label-free chemical and biological molecular sensing technique whose sensitivity depends upon development of nanostructured transducers. Herein, we report an electrodeposition method for fabricating nanostructured gold films (NGFs) that can be used as transducers in LSPR spectroscopy. The NGF was prepared by electrodepositing gold from p ...
- Wilkins, Laura E.; Phillips, Daniel J.; Deller, Robert C.; Davies, Gemma-Louise; Gibson, Matthew I.
- Carbohydrate research 2015 v.405 pp. 47-54
- agglutination; erythrocytes; glucose; glucose transporters; glycosylation; hemolysis; humans; image analysis; nanogold; polymerization; sheep
- ... Carbohydrate–protein interactions can assist with the targeting of polymer- and nano-delivery systems. However, some potential protein targets are not specific to a single cell type, resulting in reductions in their efficacy due to undesirable non-specific cellular interactions. The glucose transporter 1 (GLUT-1) is expressed to different extents on most cells in the vasculature, including human r ...