Jump to Main Content
- Venkataraman, Sowmyalakshmi; Chadha, Anju
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2015 v.42 no.2 pp. 173-180
- Candida parapsilosis; alcohols; biocatalysts; biotechnology; enantiomers; esters; industrial microbiology
- ... Optically pure aliphatic β-hydroxy esters were prepared from their racemates by deracemisation using the biocatalyst Candida parapsilosis ATCC 7330. High optical purity (up to >99 %) and good yields (up to 71 %) of the product secondary alcohols were obtained. This study highlights the importance of optimization of reaction conditions using ethyl-3-hydroxybutanoate as the model substrate to improv ...
- Indest, Karl J.; Eberly, Jed O.; Ringelberg, David B.; Hancock, Dawn E.
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2015 v.42 no.2 pp. 219-227
- alcohols; biotechnology; carbon; fatty acids; gene expression regulation; gene targeting; genes; genetic background; in vitro studies; industrial microbiology; mutants; nitrogen; nitrogen content; pigmentation; starvation; transcriptome; triacylglycerols
- ... Previously, we demonstrated triacylglycerol (TAG) accumulation and the in vivo ability to catalyze esters from exogenous short chain alcohol sources in Gordonia sp. strain KTR9. In this study, we investigated the effects that putative lipase (KTR9_0186) and wax ester synthase/acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (WS/DGAT; KTR9_3844) gene knockouts had on TAG accumulation. Gene disruption of KTR ...