Jump to Main Content
- da Conceição, Luís Eduardo Fernandes Rodrigues; Saraiva, Margarete Alice Fontes; Diniz, Raphael Hermano Santos; Oliveira, Juliana; Barbosa, Gustavo Dimas; Alvarez, Florencia; da Mata Correa, Lygia Fátima; Mezadri, Hygor; Coutrim, Mauricio Xavier; Afonso, Robson José de Cássia Franco; Lucas, Candida; Castro, Ieso Miranda; Brandão, Rogelio Lopes
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2015 v.42 no.2 pp. 237-246
- Meyerozyma guilliermondii; Saccharomyces cerevisiae; Wickerhamomyces anomalus; aluminum; bioenergy industry; bioethanol; carbon; ethanol; ethanol production; foams; glycerol; industrial microbiology; methanol; pH; phenotypic plasticity; sucrose; sugarcane juice; sulfuric acid; yeasts; zinc
- ... This study identified phenotypic traits appropriate for biotechnological applications of 118 yeasts isolated from cachaça distilleries. Different properties were verified: capacity to use alternative carbon sources; ability to tolerate high concentrations of sucrose, ethanol, methanol, aluminum and zinc as well as different pH values and foam production. Pichia guilliermondii and Pichia anomala st ...
- Indest, Karl J.; Eberly, Jed O.; Ringelberg, David B.; Hancock, Dawn E.
- Journal of industrial microbiology & biotechnology 2015 v.42 no.2 pp. 219-227
- alcohols; biotechnology; carbon; fatty acids; gene expression regulation; gene targeting; genes; genetic background; in vitro studies; industrial microbiology; mutants; nitrogen; nitrogen content; pigmentation; starvation; transcriptome; triacylglycerols
- ... Previously, we demonstrated triacylglycerol (TAG) accumulation and the in vivo ability to catalyze esters from exogenous short chain alcohol sources in Gordonia sp. strain KTR9. In this study, we investigated the effects that putative lipase (KTR9_0186) and wax ester synthase/acyl-CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase (WS/DGAT; KTR9_3844) gene knockouts had on TAG accumulation. Gene disruption of KTR ...