Jump to Main Content
- Hao, Xiaodi; Liu, Ranbin; Huang, Xin
- Water research 2015 v.87 pp. 424-431
- anaerobic digestion; buildings; carbon; chemical oxygen demand; electricity; energy balance; heat pumps; models; sludge; solar collectors; tanks; wastewater; wastewater treatment; water pollution; China
- ... Carbon neutrality is starting to become a hot topic for wastewater treatment plants (WWTPs) all over the world, and carbon neutral operations have emerged in some WWTPs. Although China is still struggling to control its water pollution, carbon neutrality will definitely become a top priority for WWTPs in the near future. In this review, the potential for operating carbon neutral WWTPs in China is ...
- Bayo, Javier; López-Castellanos, Joaquín; Martínez-García, Rocío; Alcolea, Alberto; Lardín, Carlos
- Journal of cleaner production 2015 v.87 pp. 550-557
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; X-ray diffraction; anaerobic digesters; anaerobic digestion; biodegradability; chromium; cleaning; cold season; heavy metals; magnesium; magnesium ammonium phosphate; phosphorus; quartz; sludge; soil amendments; stearic acid; tanks; thermogravimetry; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Europe
- ... Anaerobic digestion is one of the oldest and preferred processes for the stabilization of waste-activated sludge produced from treating urban and industrial wastewater. Although there is no clear agreement on when to clean the anaerobic digester tanks, regular cleaning has proved to enhance the efficiency of the system, to reduce mechanical problems, and to avoid a decrease in their useful volumes ...