Jump to Main Content
- C. Antwi-Boasiako; J. K. Appiah
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 49-59
- Ceiba pentandra; Erythrophleum suaveolens; bark; durability; formaldehyde; hardwood; plywood; preservatives; production costs; toxicity; urea formaldehyde
- ... Ceiba pentandra, a non-durable hardwood, is greatly patronized for plywood production. Urea–Formaldehyde (UF) adhesive-joints of plies are filled with toxic preservative-chemicals to extend their service-lives. These pose environmental anxieties. The strengths of C. pentandra ply glue-lines containing different concentrations of Erythrophleum suaveolens bark-extract/UF- and Fossect 88/UF-adhesives ...
- Apri Heri Iswanto; Wulandhari Aritonang; Irawati Azhar; Supriyanto; Widya Fatriasari
- Journal 2017 v.14 no.1 pp. 1-8
- Eucalyptus; bagasse; bamboos; bark; bending strength; biomass; cellulose; durability; mixing; modulus of elasticity; modulus of rupture; ovens; particleboards; raw materials; urea formaldehyde; water content; wood
- ... The decrease of wood supply leads to find out the alternative raw material for particleboard production derived from non-woody cellulose materials, one of the promising material is sorghum bagasse. However, the strength properties of particleboard manufactured from this biomass tend to be low. This research was to evaluate physical, mechanical and durability properties of sorghum bagasse-particleb ...