Jump to Main Content
- Aidoo, Moses Kwame; Sherman, Tal; Lazarovitch, Naftali; Fait, Aaron; Rachmilevitch, Shimon
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 196-210
- Capsicum annuum; carbon; cold stress; cold treatment; cultivars; gamma-aminobutyric acid; gas exchange; hybrids; leaves; nitrogen; phenology; photosynthesis; proline; raffinose; root growth; root tips; root zone temperature; secondary metabolites; shoots; stress tolerance; sweet peppers
- ... Two bell pepper (Capsicum annuum) cultivars, differing in their response to chilling, were exposed to three levels of root‐zone temperatures. Gas exchange, shoot and root phenology, and the pattern of change of the central metabolites and secondary metabolites caffeate and benzoate in the leaves and roots were profiled. Low root‐zone temperature significantly inhibited gaseous exchange, with a gre ...
- Bi, Huangai; Liu, Peipei; Jiang, Zhensheng; Ai, Xizhen
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 224-234
- Cucumis sativus; carbon; carbon dioxide; carboxylation; cucumbers; fluorescence; gene overexpression; genes; greenhouses; leaf area; leaves; malondialdehyde; photochemistry; photosystem II; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase activase; seedlings; stomatal conductance; temperature; transgenic plants
- ... Rubisco activase (RCA) is an important enzyme that can catalyze the carboxylation and oxygenation activities of ribulose‐1,5‐bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco), which is involved in the photosynthetic carbon reduction cycle. Here, we studied the effects of changes in RCA activity on photosynthesis, growth and development, as well as the low temperature and weak light tolerance of RCA ove ...