Jump to Main Content
- Yin, Lina; Mano, Jun'ichi; Tanaka, Kiyoshi; Wang, Shiwen; Zhang, Meijuan; Deng, Xiping; Zhang, Suiqi
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 211-223
- Arabidopsis; aluminum; gene overexpression; genes; glutathione; glutathione-disulfide reductase; hydrogen peroxide; lipids; malondialdehyde; mammals; phenylacetaldehyde; root growth; roots; toxicity; transgenic plants
- ... Lipid peroxide‐derived reactive carbonyl species (RCS), generated downstream of reactive oxygen species (ROS), are critical damage‐inducing species in plant aluminum (Al) toxicity. In mammals, RCS are scavenged primarily by glutathione (reduced form of glutathione, GSH), but in plant Al stress, contribution of GSH to RCS detoxification has not been evaluated. In this study, Arabidopsis plants over ...
- Xu, Yi; Burgess, Patrick; Huang, Bingru
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 235-256
- Agrostis stolonifera; Arabidopsis; adenine; antioxidant activity; catalytic activity; cell structures; cytokinins; drought tolerance; gene expression regulation; gene ontology; gene overexpression; genes; growth chambers; plant hormones; sequence analysis; signal transduction; transcription (genetics); transcriptomics; water stress
- ... The objective of this study was to investigate transcriptomic changes and molecular factors regulated by cytokinins that may contribute to improved drought tolerance in creeping bentgrass (Agrostis stolonifera) overexpressing adenine isopentenyltransferase (ipt). Wild‐type (WT) and ipt‐transgenic plants were maintained well irrigated or exposed to 21 days of drought stress in growth chambers. Tran ...