Jump to Main Content
- Yin, Lina; Mano, Jun'ichi; Tanaka, Kiyoshi; Wang, Shiwen; Zhang, Meijuan; Deng, Xiping; Zhang, Suiqi
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 211-223
- Arabidopsis; aluminum; gene overexpression; genes; glutathione; glutathione-disulfide reductase; hydrogen peroxide; lipids; malondialdehyde; mammals; phenylacetaldehyde; root growth; roots; toxicity; transgenic plants
- ... Lipid peroxide‐derived reactive carbonyl species (RCS), generated downstream of reactive oxygen species (ROS), are critical damage‐inducing species in plant aluminum (Al) toxicity. In mammals, RCS are scavenged primarily by glutathione (reduced form of glutathione, GSH), but in plant Al stress, contribution of GSH to RCS detoxification has not been evaluated. In this study, Arabidopsis plants over ...
- Bi, Huangai; Liu, Peipei; Jiang, Zhensheng; Ai, Xizhen
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 224-234
- Cucumis sativus; carbon; carbon dioxide; carboxylation; cucumbers; fluorescence; gene overexpression; genes; greenhouses; leaf area; leaves; malondialdehyde; photochemistry; photosystem II; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase; ribulose-bisphosphate carboxylase activase; seedlings; stomatal conductance; temperature; transgenic plants
- ... Rubisco activase (RCA) is an important enzyme that can catalyze the carboxylation and oxygenation activities of ribulose‐1,5‐bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase (Rubisco), which is involved in the photosynthetic carbon reduction cycle. Here, we studied the effects of changes in RCA activity on photosynthesis, growth and development, as well as the low temperature and weak light tolerance of RCA ove ...