Jump to Main Content
- Aidoo, Moses Kwame; Sherman, Tal; Lazarovitch, Naftali; Fait, Aaron; Rachmilevitch, Shimon
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 196-210
- Capsicum annuum; carbon; cold stress; cold treatment; cultivars; gamma-aminobutyric acid; gas exchange; hybrids; leaves; nitrogen; phenology; photosynthesis; proline; raffinose; root growth; root tips; root zone temperature; secondary metabolites; shoots; stress tolerance; sweet peppers
- ... Two bell pepper (Capsicum annuum) cultivars, differing in their response to chilling, were exposed to three levels of root‐zone temperatures. Gas exchange, shoot and root phenology, and the pattern of change of the central metabolites and secondary metabolites caffeate and benzoate in the leaves and roots were profiled. Low root‐zone temperature significantly inhibited gaseous exchange, with a gre ...
- Wu, Jingni; Wang, Yiming; Kim, Sang Gon; Jung, Ki‐Hong; Gupta, Ravi; Kim, Joonyup; Park, Younghoon; Kang, Kyu Young; Kim, Sun Tae
- Physiologia plantarum 2017 v.161 no.2 pp. 273-284
- Oryza sativa; atomic absorption spectrometry; calcium; calcium signaling; calreticulin; carbohydrate structure; chaperonins; chitinase; glycolysis; growth retardation; mutants; phosphoglycerate kinase; proteomics; rice; root growth; roots; shoots; staining; transfer DNA
- ... Chitinases belong to a conserved protein family and play multiple roles in defense, development and growth regulation in plants. Here, we identified a secreted chitinase‐like protein, OsCLP, which functions in rice growth. A T‐DNA insertion mutant of OsCLP (osclp) showed significant retardation of root and shoot growth. A comparative proteomic analysis was carried out using root tissue of wild‐typ ...