Jump to Main Content
- Kumar, Munish; Bala, Rajni; Gondil, Vijay Singh; Pandey, Satish Kumar; Chhibber, Sanjay; Jain, D. V. S.; Sharma, Rohit K.; Wangoo, Nishima
- Journal of materials science 2017 v.52 no.14 pp. 8568-8575
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; antimicrobial properties; aqueous solutions; atomic force microscopy; bacteria; food pathogens; food preservatives; high performance liquid chromatography; nanoparticles; nanosilver; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; silver; sodium; sodium benzoate; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy; zeta potential
- ... Herein, we report the antimicrobial efficacy of sodium benzoate-functionalized silver nanoparticles synthesized via a simple method and its potential prospects as food preservatives. Sodium benzoate (SB) is a commonly known food preservative and is capable of reducing the silver salt to silver nanoparticles in high yield under facile conditions. The functionalization of SB imparts enough stability ...
- Feng, Yuanchao; Chen, Shougang; Frank Cheng, Y.
- Journal of materials science 2017 v.52 no.14 pp. 8576-8590
- atomic force microscopy; carbon; chlorides; corrosion; dielectric spectroscopy; electrolytes; gravity; models; nanoparticles; pH; silica; steel; triazoles
- ... In this work, smart nanocontainers were prepared by polyelectrolyte deposition on SiO₂ nanoparticles to encapsulate corrosion inhibitors, i.e., benzotriazole (BTA). Various materials analysis techniques, including Fourier transform infrared, thermal gravity analysis and atomic force microscopy, were used to characterize the nanocontainers and confirm the loading of BTA. The pH selectivity for self ...