Jump to Main Content
- Coletti, Janaine Z.; Vogwill, Ryan; Hipsey, Matthew R.
- Journal of hydrology 2017 v.552 pp. 121-140
- Casuarina obesa; Markov chain; Melaleuca; adverse effects; algorithms; biomass; carrying capacity; climatic factors; hydrology; lakes; models; plant competition; salinity; trees; vegetation; water management; wetlands; Western Australia
- ... The diversity of vegetation in semi-arid, ephemeral wetlands is determined by niche availability and species competition, both of which are influenced by changes in water availability and salinity. Here, we hypothesise that ignoring physiological differences and competition between species when managing wetland hydrologic regimes can lead to a decrease in vegetation diversity, even when the overal ...
- Slater, Louise J.; Villarini, Gabriele; Bradley, A. Allen
- Journal of hydrology 2017 v.552 pp. 646-659
- General Circulation Models; drought; floods; temperature; uncertainty; Europe
- ... Multi-model ensemble forecasts are obtained by weighting multiple General Circulation Model (GCM) outputs to heighten forecast skill and reduce uncertainties. The North American Multi-Model Ensemble (NMME) project facilitates the development of such multi-model forecasting schemes by providing publicly-available hindcasts and forecasts online. Here, temperature and precipitation forecasts are enha ...