Jump to Main Content
- Browning, Dawn M.; Karl, Jason W.; Morin, David; Richardson, Andrew D.; Tweedie, Craig E.
- Remote sensing 2017 v.9 no.10
- Bouteloua eriopoda; Prosopis glandulosa; arid grasslands; arid lands; cameras; canopy; computer software; ecosystems; growing season; leaves; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; natural resource management; normalized difference vegetation index; rain; remote sensing; satellites; Southwestern United States
- ... Near surface (i.e., camera) and satellite remote sensing metrics have become widely used indicators of plant growing seasons. While robust linkages have been established between field metrics and ecosystem exchange in many land cover types, assessment of how well remotely-derived season start and end dates depict field conditions in arid ecosystems remain unknown. We evaluated the correspondence b ...
- Huang, Xiaotao; Luo, Geping; Wang, Xinxin
- Water 2017 v.9 no.10
- Bowen ratio; arid grasslands; arid lands; condensation (phase transition); ecosystems; evapotranspiration; growing season; heat; landscapes; latent heat flux; mountains; phenology; sensible heat flux; soil water; spring; Central Asia
- ... Arid grassland ecosystems are widely distributed across Central Asia. However, there is a lack of research and observations of the land–atmosphere exchange of water and heat in the arid grasslands in this region, particularly over complex surfaces. In this study, systematic observations were conducted from 2013 to 2015 using an HL20 Bowen ratio and TDR300 and WatchDog1400 systems to determine the ...