Jump to Main Content
- Zabala, Aiora; Sandbrook, Chris; Mukherjee, Nibedita
- Conservation biology 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1185-1194
- attitudes and opinions; humans; issues and policy; landscapes; literature; methodology; researchers; stakeholders
- ... Understanding human perspectives is critical in a range of conservation contexts, for example, in overcoming conflicts or developing projects that are acceptable to relevant stakeholders. The Q methodology is a unique semiquantitative technique used to explore human perspectives. It has been applied for decades in other disciplines and recently gained traction in conservation. This paper helps res ...
- Wang, Hong; Zhang, Xiaodong
- Water resources management 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1615-1629
- attitudes and opinions; case studies; cost effectiveness; decision making; financial economics; flood control; issues and policy; models; mortality; probability distribution; quantitative analysis; risk; uncertainty
- ... Flood, as a serious worldwide environment problem, can lead to detrimental economic losses and fatalities. Effective flood control is desired to mitigate the adverse impacts of flooding and the associated flood risk through development of cost-effective and efficient flood management decisions and policies. A bi-level fuzzy two-stage stochastic programming model, named BIFS model is developed in t ...