Jump to Main Content
- Temel, Julia; Jones, Aled; Jones, Nikoleta; Balint, Lenke
- Conservation biology 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1048-1062
- biodiversity conservation; business enterprises; case studies; economic valuation; ecosystem services; governance; issues and policy
- ... The monetary valuation of ecosystem services is gaining traction in policy and business communities. Several tools and decision‐making processes have been proposed, including criteria to assess the appropriateness of using monetary valuation for biodiversity conservation outcomes. These criteria include measures such as scale, uniqueness, and threat. We used case studies of monetization projects f ...
- Wang, Hong; Zhang, Xiaodong
- Water resources management 2018 v.32 no.5 pp. 1615-1629
- attitudes and opinions; case studies; cost effectiveness; decision making; financial economics; flood control; issues and policy; models; mortality; probability distribution; quantitative analysis; risk; uncertainty
- ... Flood, as a serious worldwide environment problem, can lead to detrimental economic losses and fatalities. Effective flood control is desired to mitigate the adverse impacts of flooding and the associated flood risk through development of cost-effective and efficient flood management decisions and policies. A bi-level fuzzy two-stage stochastic programming model, named BIFS model is developed in t ...