Jump to Main Content
- Loures, Raquel Coelho; Pompeu, Paulo Santos
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1983-1994
- basins; fish; habitats; herbivores; introduced species; inventories; lotic systems; migratory behavior; migratory species; monitoring; species richness; water power; watersheds; Brazil
- ... In reservoir cascades, effects on fish assemblages are expected to strengthen over time and transfer from one reservoir to an adjacent one. To test this, fish-assemblage data from 23 years of monitoring in the Araguari reservoir cascade system, upper Paraná River basin, were analysed. The results showed a clear reduction in richness of native and migratory fish species and an increase of non-nativ ...
- Bido, Adriane F.; Urbinati, Elisabeth C.; Makrakis, Maristela C.; Celestino, Leandro F.; Serra, Mônica; Makrakis, Sergio
- Marine & freshwater research 2018 v.69 no.12 pp. 1814-1821
- Prochilodus lineatus; adults; body weight; cortisol; dams (hydrology); females; fish; fish ladders; glucose; hematocrit; lactic acid; males; migratory behavior; rivers; Brazil
- ... This study investigated whether fish ladder transposition is a stressful event for the streaked prochilod, Prochilodus lineatus, in a dam on the Upper Paraná River, Brazil. Bodyweight, standard length and plasma concentrations of cortisol, glucose, lactate, chloride and haematocrit were measured in 48 adult fish (male and female) that were sampled downstream and upstream of the dam and on the fish ...