Jump to Main Content
- Jia, Haifeng; Wang, Shanshan; Lin, Hong; Satio, Takanori; Ampa, Kongsuwan; Todoroki, Yasushi; Kondo, Satoru
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.4 pp. 392-399
- 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase; Vitis labrusca; Vitis vinifera; abscisic acid; agonists; antagonists; anthocyanins; biosynthesis; biotechnology; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme activity; fruit quality; genes; grapes; horticulture; nordihydroguaiaretic acid; odors; pectinesterase; polygalacturonase
- ... The effects of applying abscisic acid (ABA), Abz (abscinazole, an inhibitor of CYP707A), and nordihydroguaiaretic acid ((NDGA), an inhibitor of 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase (NCED)) on fruit firmness, anthocyanin biosynthesis, aroma volatiles, and their related genes were investigated in grape berries (Vitis vinifera L. × Vitis labrusca L. cv. Kyoho). ABA and Abz application promoted the accum ...
- Giro, Andrea; Ferrante, Antonio
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.4 pp. 400-408
- Corchorus olitorius; anthocyanins; autumn; baby vegetables; biotechnology; carotenoids; chlorophyll; commercialization; functional foods; green leafy vegetables; healthy diet; horticulture; hydroponics; leaves; nitrates; nutrient solutions; phenols; postharvest physiology; ready-to-eat foods; reducing sugars; spring; storage temperature; storage time; sucrose; summer
- ... The storage at 4°C in darkness of Corchorus olitorius L. baby leaf as a ready-to-eat (RTE) vegetable has been studied for the first time. C. olitorius was cultivated in a floating system with different nutrient solutions: standard (NS100%) or halved (NS50%). Several quality factors of this produce were evaluated during season (spring, summer, autumn) considering treatments and days of storage in o ...