Jump to Main Content
- Jia, Haifeng; Wang, Shanshan; Lin, Hong; Satio, Takanori; Ampa, Kongsuwan; Todoroki, Yasushi; Kondo, Satoru
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.4 pp. 392-399
- 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase; Vitis labrusca; Vitis vinifera; abscisic acid; agonists; antagonists; anthocyanins; biosynthesis; biotechnology; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzyme activity; fruit quality; genes; grapes; horticulture; nordihydroguaiaretic acid; odors; pectinesterase; polygalacturonase
- ... The effects of applying abscisic acid (ABA), Abz (abscinazole, an inhibitor of CYP707A), and nordihydroguaiaretic acid ((NDGA), an inhibitor of 9-cis-epoxycarotenoid dioxygenase (NCED)) on fruit firmness, anthocyanin biosynthesis, aroma volatiles, and their related genes were investigated in grape berries (Vitis vinifera L. × Vitis labrusca L. cv. Kyoho). ABA and Abz application promoted the accum ...
- Rasheed, Rizwan; Iqbal, Muhammad; Ashraf, Muhammad Arslan; Hussain, Iqbal; Shafiq, Fahad; Yousaf, Atiqa; Zaheer, Ahmad
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.4 pp. 385-391
- betaine; biotechnology; calcium; catalase; chlorophyll; enzyme activity; flooded conditions; fruit quality; fruits; horticulture; hydrogen peroxide; leaves; malondialdehyde; nutrient content; peroxidase; photosynthesis; pigments; plant growth; plant response; sodium; superoxide dismutase; tomatoes; total dissolved solids
- ... Glycine betaine (GB) is an important organic compound mediating plant responses to environmental stresses. However, despite ample research on this biomolecule, the potential of GB in mitigating the effects of waterlogging in plants has not been established. Therefore, we studied the influence of GB on growth and physiology of tomato plants under waterlogged conditions. Waterlogging reduced plant g ...