Jump to Main Content
- Thaeri-Dehkordi, Ayat; Khandan-Mirkohi, Azizollah; Kafi, Mohsen; Salami, Seyed Alireza
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.4 pp. 377-384
- Nicotiana alata; RNA interference; aesthetic value; biotechnology; carotenoids; chlorophyll; engineering; enzymes; gametophytes; genes; horticulture; leaves; models; ornamental plants; photobleaching; temperature; tobacco
- ... Virus-induced gene silencing (VIGS) is a post-transcriptional gene silencing method which has a down-regulating effect on plant genes and its efficiency might be affected by several factors. Since Nicotiana alata has been used for a long time as a model plant for studying gametophytic self-incompatibility in Solanaceae, the current study was performed with the aim of VIGS optimisation in N. alata. ...
- Li, Xing-Liang; Zhang, Jun-Ke; Li, Min-Ji; Zhou, Bei-Bei; Zhang, Qiang; Wei, Qin-Ping
- Journal of horticultural science & biotechnology 2018 v.93 no.4 pp. 337-346
- Arabidopsis; Malus domestica; abiotic stress; antioxidants; apples; biotechnology; breeding; drought; enzymes; genes; genome-wide association study; horticulture; oxygen; phylogeny; screening; tissues
- ... Antioxidant enzymes were well-known for reactive oxygen scavenging and protecting cells from oxidative damage in multiple biotic and abiotic stresses. Aimed to overview of antioxidant enzyme gene families and screen for drought and low-temperature response members, the whole apple antioxidant enzyme genes in apple genome were studied. Out of 73candidates in seven antioxidant enzyme gene families a ...