Jump to Main Content
- Costa, Edna S.; França, Carolina N.; Fonseca, Francisco A. H.; Kato, Juliana T.; Bianco, Henrique T.; Freitas, Thiago T.; Fonseca, Henrique A. R.; Figueiredo Neto, Antonio Martins; Izar, Maria Cristina
- The British journal of nutrition 2019 v.121 no.12 pp. 1365-1375
- amylases; bananas; biomass; blood glucose; body composition; body mass index; body weight; diastolic blood pressure; fasting; food intake; gastric emptying; glucose; high density lipoprotein cholesterol; hip circumference; homeostasis; hydrolysis; insulin resistance; models; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutritional support; patients; randomized clinical trials; resistant starch; risk; waist circumference
- ... Diabetes mellitus is a global epidemic, characterised as a heterogeneous group of metabolic disorders associated with high risk of CVD. Green banana biomass, which is composed of resistant starches (RS) and cannot be hydrolysed by amylases, delays gastric emptying and modulates insulin sensitivity, thus contributing to improve metabolic disorders. The aim of the present study was to investigate th ...
- Gao, Qin; Zhong, Chunrong; Zhou, Xuezhen; Chen, Renjuan; Xiong, Ting; Hong, Miao; Li, Qian; Kong, Man; Han, Weizhen; Sun, Guoqiang; Yang, Xuefeng; Yang, Nianhong; Hao, Liping
- The British journal of nutrition 2019 v.121 no.12 pp. 1405-1412
- alpha-carotene; beta-carotene; beta-cryptoxanthin; blood glucose; child health; cohort studies; cross-sectional studies; fasting; gestational diabetes; glucose tolerance tests; lutein; lycopene; pregnant women; protective effect; regression analysis; risk; risk reduction; zeaxanthin
- ... This study aimed to determine whether increased carotenoids intake was associated with reduced risk of gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM). We performed a cross-sectional analysis using data from Tongji Maternal and Child Health Cohort study. The dietary carotenoids intake of 1978 pregnant women was assessed using a researcher-administered FFQ before undertaking an oral glucose tolerance test at 2 ...