Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Hongyu; Li, Yuhuan; Song, Qiang; Liu, Shucheng; Ma, Qingxiang; Ma, Li; Shu, Xinqian
- Journal of analytical and applied pyrolysis 2019 v.144 pp. 104714
- benzene; carbon; catalytic activity; corn stover; corn straw; distillation; goethite; hematite; hydrogen; iron; lignite; naphthalene; oils; p-cresol; phase transition; phenol; pyrolysis; renewable energy sources; synergism; temperature
- ... As pyrolysis and tar lightening are fundamentally intertwined, understanding the mechanism of integrated co-pyrolysis of lignite blended with corn straw and tar decomposition-carbon deposition over low-grade iron ores via unveiling terminal products is important for both eliminating heavy tar generation and improving renewable energy utilization efficiency. Here we report the effects of three iron ...
- Hossain, Md Shahadat; Theodoropoulos, Constantinos; Yousuf, Abu
- Biochemical engineering journal 2019 v.144 pp. 89-103
- bioethanol; biomass; computer software; corn stover; economic feasibility; energy efficiency; fossil fuels; furfural; heat; lignocellulose; liquids; profitability; surveys
- ... In a quest of alternative energy source of fossil fuels, lignocellulosic biomass is intensively studying to produce different liquid fuels and chemicals. Both fuel (bioethanol) and chemical (furfural) were produced simultaneously in this study through two different production routes, biochemical and thermochemical route. Actually, this study firstly defined production pathway in details for each p ...