Jump to Main Content
- Niu, Siping; Gao, Liangmin; Wang, Xuan
- Journal of soils and sediments 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1697-1707
- agricultural soils; atmospheric deposition; chromium; environmental management; frequency distribution; heavy metals; lead; nickel; polluted soils; pollution load; principal component analysis; risk; soil pollution; soil sampling; zinc
- ... PURPOSE: It is currently very difficult to accurately evaluate the soil contamination by heavy metals (HMs) attributed to the unavailability of local geochemical background values (LGBVs). This study was performed to establish the geochemical baseline concentrations (GBCs), as an alternative for LGBVs to use for HM pollution assessment of agricultural soil. MATERIALS AND METHODS: GBCs of the HMs s ...
- Zandersen, Marianne; Hyytiäinen, Kari; Meier, H. E. Markus; Tomczak, Maciej T.; Bauer, Barbara; Haapasaari, Päivi E.; Olesen, Jørgen Eivind; Gustafsson, Bo G.; Refsgaard, Jens Christian; Fridell, Erik; Pihlainen, Sampo; Le Tissier, Martin D. A.; Kosenius, Anna-Kaisa; Van Vuuren, Detlef P.
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1073-1086
- atmospheric deposition; climate; climate change; ecosystems; fisheries; human development; land use change; pollution; pollution control; shipping; socioeconomics; wastewater treatment; Baltic Sea; Northern European region
- ... Long-term scenario analyses can be powerful tools to explore plausible futures of human development under changing environmental, social, and economic conditions and to evaluate implications of different approaches to reduce pollution and resource overuse. Vulnerable ecosystems like the Baltic Sea in North-Eastern Europe tend to be under pressure from multiple, interacting anthropogenic drivers bo ...