Jump to Main Content
- Mei, Chuchu; Fang, Zhe; Yin, Ruoyu; Yang, Ruotong; Tang, Kun
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.5 pp. 2239-2245
- adults; body mass index; females; food consumption; food intake; lifestyle; males; odds ratio; questionnaires; regression analysis; rural areas; socioeconomic factors; surveys; China
- ... Population-based evidence that suggests health effects of spicy consumptions on fracture was scant. The study aimed to explore the association of spicy food intake with self-reported history of fractures in the Chinese populations.Data was drawn from the baseline survey of a large cohort study conducted in China between 2004 and 2008. A total of 512,891 adults (including 302,632 females) were incl ...
- Fu, Junling; Han, Lanwen; Zhao, Yanglu; Li, Ge; Zhu, Yingna; Li, Yu; Li, Ming; Gao, Shan; Willi, Steven M.
- Clinical nutrition 2019 v.38 no.5 pp. 2161-2167
- Chinese people; adolescents; at-risk population; body mass index; children; gender; glucose; glucose tolerance tests; insulin; low density lipoprotein cholesterol; metabolic syndrome; neck; noninsulin-dependent diabetes mellitus; nutrition risk assessment; obesity; odds ratio; triacylglycerols; vitamin D; vitamin D deficiency; young adults; youth; China
- ... The relationship between vitamin D deficiency and metabolic syndrome (MS) remains controversial with relatively sparse data among youth. Therefore, we attempted to explicate the association of 25-hydroxyvitamin D [25(OH)D] levels with MS in Chinese adolescents and young adults.A cohort of 559 subjects at elevated risk of MS were recruited at 14–28 years of age as a follow-up to the Beijing Child a ...