Jump to Main Content
- Hiroaki Saito; Hiroshi Hashimoto; Teruaki Hino; Masaharu Motokawa
- Mammal study 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 1-11
- concrete; dams (hydrology); rivers; sediments; shrews; streams; surveys; Japan
- ... The concrete walls of check dams are considered a physical barrier for aquatic and semiaquatic animals that inhabit mountain streams. Traveling behaviors around concrete check dams by the Japanese water shrew Chimarrogale platycephalus, a semi-aquatic mammal, were directly observed via radio-tracking in Kamikoshi Stream in central Honshu, Japan. Traveling behaviors were mainly observed on the wet ...
- EM Mbokane; J Theron; WJ Luus-Powell
- African journal of aquatic science 2019 v.44 no.1 pp. 53-60
- Enteromius; Labeobarbus; Monogenea; adults; autumn; dams (hydrology); fish; food availability; gills; habitat preferences; hosts; new host records; parasites; rivers; seasonal variation; spring; summer; water quality; South Africa
- ... The effect of seasonal changes and ecological aspects of Afrodiplozoon polycotyleus (Paperna, 1973) collected on Labeobarbus marequensis (Smith, 1841), Enteromius trimaculatus (Peters, 1852) and Enteromius radiatus (Peters, 1853) was investigated from January to October 2008. Fish were collected at the Nwanedi-Luphephe dams, Limpopo River System, South Africa using gill, cast and seine nets and el ...